- Capital : Riga
- Currency : Euro €
- Language : Latvian
- Major Cities : Riga, Liepāja, Daugavpils, Jelgava, Rēzekne, Ventspils
- Major Intake : February & September
Latvia is a country in the Baltic region of Northern Europe, one of the three Baltic States. It is bordered by Estonia to the north, Lithuania to the south, Russia to the east, and Belarus to the southeast, as well as a maritime border to the west alongside Sweden. While Studying in Latvia, student can enjoy the great mixture of beautiful landscape with lakes, rivers and rolling hills and rich intellectual and cultural atmosphere. Latvia has more than 25 public and private universities. The higher education institutions in Latvia are members of international cooperation within many different fields of study.
Famous Places to Visit:
- Rundale Palace and Museum
- Gauja National Park
Why study in Latvia
- Quality education at international standards in English.
- Education in line with the American Credit System.
- Qualified faculty members at international standards.
- Affordable tuition fees and moderate living expenses.
- Excellent facilities for social, cultural and sports activities.
- Medical insurance, provided by the government of Latvia.
- Transport, shops and entertainment are close at hand.
- Accommodation on campus and around the city.
- Paid internships Guaranteed.
Cost of Study for International Students
- Application fees: between 150 -200 Euro
- Bachelor’s Degree: 2000-3000 Euro per year
- Master’s Degree: 2500 to 5000 Euro per year
- PhD Studies: 3000 to 7000 Euro per year
Other Expenses for International Students
- Average Living Expenses- 600 Euro per month
- Transportation Cost- 16 Euro per month
Popular Courses in Latvia
- Business Management
- Aviation Transport
- Information Technology
- Electronic Engineering
- International Business Administration
- Film Studies
- Global Communications
- International Finance
- Journalism and Media
- Transportation System Engineering
- Law and Business
Levels of Study:
- Bachelor’s program- 3 to 4 years
- Master’s program- 1-2-2.5 years
- PhD – 4 to 5 years
List of Universities/College:
- Daugavpils University
- Latvia University of Agriculture
- Riga Stradiņš University
- Riga Technical University
- University of Latvia
- University of Liepāja
- Latvian Academy of Art
- BA School of Business and Finance
- Latvian Academy of Music
- Latvian Academy of Sport Education
- Riga Graduate School of Law (RGSL)
- Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
- Turība University
- Daugavpils Medical College
- As an international student, you can work for 20 hours per week and 40 hours during vacations.
- After Graduation, if you hold at least a Master’s degree you can apply for a further 9 months job search visa.
- If you find work there, then you can contact local Embassy to change your status from student to employee and work full-time.