- Capital : Singapore
- Currency : Singapore dollar
- Language : English and Mandarin Chinese
- Major Cities : Ah Soo Garden, Alexandra, Ama Keng, Bright Hill Crescent
- Major Intake : Every 3 to 4 months
Singapore ranks 9th on the UN Human Development Index with the 3rd highest GDP per capita. It is placed highly in key social indicators: education, healthcare, life expectancy, quality of life, personal safety and housing. Although income inequality is high, 90% of homes are owner-occupied. According to the Democracy Index, the country is described as a "flawed democracy". The Singaporean passport is joint first with Japan for visa-free travel granted by the most countries to its citizens.
Famous Places to Visit:
- Marina Bay Sands
- Merlion Statue
- Fountain of Wealth
- Henderson waves Bridge
- Esplanade- Theatres on the Bay
- Art Science Museum
Why study in Singapore:
- Affordable Education– Singapore is soon emerging as a viable alternative for world class education at an affordable cost. The tuition fees of the universities and colleges and the cost of living in Singapore is far less than that of Australia, UK or USA.
- High Quality Educational Institutes– Just because the cost of studying in Singapore’s universities and colleges is less, does not in any way mean that the institutes compromise on the quality of education being imparted to students. In fact, Singapore has some of the best educational institutes in the Asia- Pacific region. The education system of Singapore offers as much scope and innovation as of any other developed nation.
- International Exposure– Singapore hosts students from more than 30 countries, which means that students moving to Singapore for their higher studies will get a chance to acquaint themselves with cultures and ideas of different nationalities.
Cost of Study for International Students:
- Diploma Degree: 6757 SG$
- Bachelor’s Degree: 7078 SG$
- Master’s Degree: 18875 SG$
Other Expenses for International Students:
- Average Living Expenses- 2000 SG$
- Transportation Cost- 50 SG$
Popular Courses in Singapore
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
- International Master of Business Administration (IMBA)
- Dual MBA
- Certificate in Management Studies
- Master of Business Administration in Aviation
- Bachelor of Business
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
Levels of Study:
- Diploma- 6months study + 6months paid internship
- Bachelor’s program- 3 years
- Master´s programs- 1 year
List of Universities/College
- AEC College
- Dimension International College
- AGH University of Science & Technology
- ICASTEC College
- SDH Singapore
- FTMS Global Academy
- Informatics Academy
According to the Ministry of Manpower, Singapore, international students on a Student Pass in Singapore are eligible to work part-time for about 16 hours a week during term and for unlimited hours during vacation, provided:
- They are a registered full-time student in one of the approved institutions
- They hold a valid Student Pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
It is important to note here that students studying in the university/ institution which are not on the list of approved institutions are not eligible to work part-time or full-time both during the term and/ or vacation.
Being a Singapore PR (Permanent Resident) comes with many benefits. If you are a current work pass holder (Employment Pass, Personalized Employment Pass, EntrePass or S Pass), and have worked in Singapore for at least six months, you’ll be eligible to apply for Singapore PR (permanent resident) status.