What is IELTS
IELTS is an International English Language Testing System. It is an international standardized test of English Language proficiency for non-native English language speakers. It is jointly managed by British Council and IDP. It was established in 1980.
Choosing IELTS gives you more options for the future. IELTS is mandatory for students who are planning for higher studies in a foreign country or people who want to migrate in any English-speaking country like Canada, USA, New Zealand, Australia and UK on a permanent basis. IELTS is accepted by more than 10,000 organizations in over 145 countries.
- Universities, schools, training colleges and tertiary institutes
- Professional and industry bodies
- Companies and Employers
What is IELTS Module
There are 2 different types of module in IELTS i.e.
- Academic Module: This module is designed for students who are willing to go abroad for a higher education in universities and other highly ranked institutions.
- General Module: This module is designed for those planning to undertake non-academic training or to gain work experience or for immigration purposes.
What skills are tested?
In both the module there are four parts of IELTS test.
- Listening: 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes transfer time for the answers)
- Reading: 60 minutes
- Writing: 60 minutes
- Speaking: 11-14 minutes
The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Listening, Reading, Writing tests are held on the same day, whereas the Speaking test may be before or after the day of the rest of the tests.
How is IELTS scored?
IELTS is scored according to your proficiency in each test component- Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The individual scores are then averaged and rounded to give an Overall Band Score. The score ranges from 0 to 9 bands.
|The IELTS band score scale|
|8||Very good user|
|3||Extremely limited user|
|0||Did not attend the test|
A test report form is posted to test takers 13 days after their test. Whether IELTS Academic or General Training the test report forms are valid for 2 years only.
Why SWEC Education & Immigration Services?
- We believe that “Education is a right, not a privilege”
- We are Trusted Partner of British Council & Node Partner of IDP.
- Highly trained and Certified faculties from British Council.
- We provide latest and updated material to all our students.
- Personal attention is given to all students and maximum 10 students per batch are allowed.
- Students are taught by various techniques and tips to score more.
- Special arrangements for group discussion to maximize the confidence level in students.
- Special arrangements for working class professionals, like flexible batches before 10am & after 7pm.
- 100% hygienic and air-conditioned classes.